Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Summit Lone Peak


 Lone Peak is a Wasatch Elevener. Its majestic summit is the namesake for the first federal wilderness area in Utah. A commanding view of both Salt Lake and Utah Valleys is the peak's reward. A healthy 6,000'+ climb with exciting exposure from the crux to summit greets the terminus. Precipitous thousand-foot cliffs present an avian view into the cirque below.
Our route of choice was Jacob's ladder, a 12-mile round trip requiring a full day itinerary. Start early, in the dark, to avoid the sun that continuously beats on the southern ridgeline the entire way up. Also, haul your own water. Water is scarce after the snow melts.

1 comment:

  1. I want to share with you all here on how I get my loan from Mr Benjamin who help me with a loan of 400,000.00 Euro to improve my business, It was easy and swift when i apply for the loan when things was getting rough with my business Mr Benjamin grant me loan without delay. here is Mr Benjamin email/whatsapp contact: +1 989-394-3740, 247officedept@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete